writing a book is like copying someone's homework: you change it a little and make it out like it's own

Well hello hello hello again to all of the lovely lads, ladies, ol sports, chaps and to everyone out there being all safe and everything (you making that difference and that is truly the bees knees) to another edition of these elaborate blogs brought to you by a top hat wearing, caffeine addicted, extremely tired and work strained man known as me coming to you live from this from this quarantine in a location I don't even know if I am at home right now or in work in day 2319 or whatever day it is chaps. Anyway I am here once again to bring you all things writing and take on a breakdown on all the stuff that I got done for this book and all that good stuff chaps (well in the time that I have). So without further ado and I'm not going to keep you long this week (I say that and then I go on for about a books worth) so let's get to chin waggling.

(this whole quarantine at this point mixed with using a laptop register in work a lot of the last few weeks, I am at this point where I can be looking off in the distance and editing a lot of great stuff at the same time)

So I am not going to be that long with this blog as this one is in terms will be talking similar aspects to the last blog that I have written (which you can find from the archives or by clicking on my glowing name at the top of this blog) so I know that it won't be a long discussion this week. In the same vein I am going to also give a quick version of the summary that I normally give every reading blog. So, beginning with week 1, myself and my colleagues came together to discuss our plan for these multiple weeks ahead and came upon the decision of a book. Week 2 we then decided on our topics to write for the book (which is on game design and Development and I chose Indie Development and What is a Game World) and we did a short summarised version of how we will go about our researching on the chosen topics. Week 3 brought with it a more in detailed version of what we will be researching for this topics to write about and using the well acquainted Arts Matrix to make our placement for research sources helpful and an easier establishment of the references for the end of the writing. Week 4 was then the established task of looking over your sources that you found for your writing topics and seeing if they are useful or if those sources might not be good enough to use in the writings all the same and giving a layout of how we will place our topic questions into the section of the chapter. Week 5 was when we discussed the vast importance of the body of any chapter or section should be the main focus. Week 6 was a continuation of that body paragraphs and how adding to them may be very helpful to help give anything more detail and thing feel more full. We then had a small breather week which was when the lockdown started that leads into week 8 where we talked about the concept of the opening and closing paragrapgh of these sections and how if you are starting or ending a chapter that there is a difference where if your section is in the middle of a chapter that it will lead into the next one and following on from the previous one in a fluid linking motion. And last week we discussed the importance of the critical writing skills with the importance of tone, voice and citation. Now with that out of the way and using a bit of last weeks blog I am about to get into discussing of editing and Revising your writing to make it all come together and work out well.

So with everything that I have excessively chin waggle about over the course of the last few weeks we are at the establishment of having a good bit of these writings done at this point in time. Now due to my recent busy schedule I may not have a lot of it written out but I have been planning it for a few days now and I am planning by the end of the week to at least have a rough finished version of one of my topics and get a start on the second topic and hopefully have it all done in between other work I may have and job work that I will be assigned to but I will try and have my sections all written by the end of this lockdown and the deadline for it all. Anyway, as I told you all just recently that it was all about the importance of using the right kind of Tone, the level of voice, and the well established use of your Citations/references to your research methods and implementing it into my writings. It's not only with my writing on my sections (which is going well as of writing this) but I also do it in my blog writing as well for you chaps as in certain instances I may be given some sources to read through and take notes from and I give you a mix of what I have read from the sources and I would also give you my own spin of what I would know 
about the topic. But what you may not know is that sometimes I look back on my writings and blogs and I feel that some bits could be redone or taking it out of my writing and making something new into the writing to make it sound more understandable to those who take the time to read my writings and get the message I am trying to make in the discussion of my writing. This is what I have been doing in my writing as it is important to make change and edit some parts because you don't want to be talking about what are the main differences between an Indie game and a Triple A game when I should be writing about what exactly is a game world or how the Indie Game Industry has helped to shape the industry for the better then just from being pixels and polygons on a screen so the importance of looking over your writings and changing it when needs be or if you feel needs a change whether it's in the wrong place, you want to change the tone that you are talking in, you found more useful citations to implement into or else it might not be long enough for a section you are writing. Just know that at the end of the day the only person that can tell you that it is enough and everything is perfect is yourself chaps and that's what all matters.

(me in the time that I have when I am not in work doing online orders, I am writing masterworks of gaming journalism and book writing, writing comedy skits for social media and other wacky things including trying to develop characters for my show that I am creating)

In the end the importance of revising your writing and editing your work is the important difference between some great work and some mumbling mess. Anyway that is all I have the time for this week, now if you'll excuse I must try and clean myself up before work because I have been a waterfall with emotions from a series finale of a show that I have watched for years and it is hard to realise that it is over. But any who ai hope that this helped in some way so until next time.

Cheerio!!!
-Sam H

Comments

Popular Posts