It's the final countdown to the final countdown, just like they always sung about

Well hello hello hello again to all of you lovely Lads, Ladies, Chaps, Ol Sports and to everyone else in between to what is sadly the last blog post from yours truly on the topic at hand (yes I know it is tragic indeed) and I am coming to you live from the safety of my house during day...... umm.... does anyone know what day it is because with me being at home and in work basically everyday, it has become like the movie Groundhog day. But besides that yes this is the last blog that will be from me excessively chin waggling about the Creation of the Book on all things game design and development and how far off do I have left to do on the book. However this isn't the last blog that I will ever do as I will return to do some reviews on Movies (whenever this lockdown hopefully lifts and I can go back to seeing them whenever they will come out) and Video games (when I get the time to sit down and play through them, and how long I have to wait now to play my most anticipated game of this year as it was delayed from it's late May release and has no new release date) and other things of course. Anyway I am getting a bit ahead of myself right now ,so let me get back to the topic at hand and let me get to chin waggling one last time on the topic of writing this book.

(visual representation of me coming in from work and in my free time trying to get everything done so that I can have some days off for myself as well as being on loads of caffeine)

So just as this is the last one of all of this break down, then let me give you all one last summary before I give a quick update on where I am in terms of writing my sections of the book (which is actually a lot of progress in the very minimal amount of time that I have during these really stressful times with certain events going on right now). So anyway let me make this quick. So week one was coming all back together to plan out what we will do and discuss over the last few weeks which then decided on a book on Game Development and Design. Week two we established our topics that we will write about for the book (For mine it the chosen topics that before hand I knew a good bit about and now with all of my research to use while writing them I know a lot more and appreciate them even more then I do which was on Indie Game Development and on What is a Game World) and we gave a little rundown summary of the research method that we will go into for the writing and research. Week 3 saw more of a detailed explanation of what our method of research will be for your topics chosen with the help of the at first headache inducing, mildly confusing, Anxiety attack possibly making (this was something that nearly happened to me a good while ago) Arts Matrix but I found it all super helpful in the end of it all. Week 4 was then the breakdown and analysing of my research topics primary sources that I found to use for my topics at hand and seeing if those sources can be useful for the paragraphs and topics that I will use and whether to drop some of them and go find new ones to use. I also established the layout of how my sections will go and what each section of the topic will be about for the two of them. Week 5 was then the heavy discussion of the very importance of the body paragraphs on any topic of discussion. Week 6 (which was at the time of writing) was on the less but still important part of writing your introduction and conclusion paragraphs and the difference of writing the paragraphs for the beginning of a chapter or the conclusion of a chapter then just being a follow on from or into another topic from another contributor. I also got some feedback from other chapter contributors to make sure that I am not writing the same stuff as anyone else so It doesn't become repetitive. Week 7 saw a break (well define break to me and I wouldn't be able to properly tell you chaps) and when everything went completely crazy. Thankfully during that week I started a bit on the writing of my sections and that has been my plan over the last few weeks when I have the time and everything else is mainly done and out of the way. Week 8 (which was when it suddenly changed to week 6) was on the importance of when you are writing and adding onto the body paragraphs if things are too short or too long and some bits can be changed and moved around. Week 9 was then looking back over my writing and establishing the important Critical Writing skills of Voice, the tone and of your citation and references are in a perfect balance in the topics and paragraphs. Lastly in Week 10 was then looking over what you have written so far and having a revising over the written topics at hand and at points where there is parts that can be edited to sound more professional and interesting instead of being bland and boring. So with that last summary out of the way let me discuss the last important part of making sure that you are on top of things pre-deadline dates and bringing all of the writing together into one part and seeing what else is left.

So, we have come so far on this journey through the development and planning of a well established book on the intricate world of the design and development of Video Games which was a very intriguing experience through the whole journey of planning it out, detailing the important aspects to the whole thing. When I first heard of doing this project I was so intruiged to do this as I have been one that loved to write stories chaps as I do it now and again in my stories on social media (which I need to get back to doing soon enough) and over the last few year I have been trying to write a book or two (one is an adventure mystery Romance and the other is a magical fantasy story that I need to get back to doing eventually and they are only the start of other ideas I have but that will be for another time chaps) so I was ready for a change of perspective and writing more opinionated and statistical writing then fictional and comedic writing. When I saw all of the options that the book had to offer, there were a good few choices that I would've loved to write about like story, character choice, implementation of fun and a few others but by the time that I got to choose they were taken and when I came across my chosen two topics I jumped on the chance to take them and be able to write about everything I knew about the topics and learn a good bit of new in the process of the research. The reason that Inchose these two is because I really love the vast and imaginative world that every new Indie game that comes out has to offer from the intricate ways of exploring a strange land of colourful characters and fighting dog soldiers by petting them so much that their neck extends beyond the plains of the game, to living out your fantasies of being a very annoying goose and causing mischief to playing as a small roomba vacuum robot who has seen too many action and must protect their owners home from intruders by killing them and then cleaning up the mess before the owner get home (yes that is an Indie game and it is amazing chaps) and they can even can bring people to tears like some have done to me like a game of being a forest guard to watch for forest fires or the tragic tale of the rough times a couple had to go through the pain and suffering of their child going through a serious terminal illness (that one was a tear jerked that I had to stop playing every 20 minutes because I was crying too much chaps and let me tell you I was a mess) it is the amazing levels of story and creativity to see. As for the concept of what is a game world I thought that is was the concept idea that a game world is what is established as the main playing field of any video game, but it was a much more deeper question then at first glance like what really counts as a game world, how do they help big Triple A games and how have they impacted the industry as a whole in success or failure and that was the interesting reason to choose them to write about.

In terms of where I am in writing them? So with the ever changing environment going on in the world, the randomness of my timetable of being in work doing orders as well as getting everything else done in terms of doing work for college (I am a very busy and also very tired man at the moment and I haven't had time for a break) I have in the process have gotten the full body part of the Indie Game Development completed and I have the first part of the Game world established and written. I have about four topics of discussion in each section that I chose to write (I did have 5 in Indie but I made two topics that tie into each other as one and make them as long at the others which are around 1500 words each) so I at least have about 2 to 3 topics left to write and then I will get to writing out the opening and closing Paragraphs for both of them. And since the Indie Development is a closing topic of a chapter and the what is a game world I need to make sure that I make them different compared to a standard intro and conclusion which I also have to write as well. I have been looking over the topics that Inhave written and edited the writing where I felt needed and added some bits that needed to be added to help give it that extra bit of content to learn about my chosen topics and I have been adding in the references with the help of my handy Arts Matrixs and from the discovery and use of other pieces of sources that helped me get my point across on the topic or as an example for leverage on the topic. My goal for the completion of these remaining body paragraphs and the writing of the opening and closing paragraphs I hopefully will try and have it completed by the end of the week and then upload it all together as one to add to the book and  then that writing goes off and works well with everyone else's book and that it becomes a very successful book because to all the lads, ladies, chaps, ol sport, colleagues and everyone in between that were involved with the creation of this book, we have all done an excellent job in doing so and hopefully it all comes together successfully and does very well in the end of it all.

(Whenever I get anything done, this is the perfect representation of what I think I look like when I do)

Anyway in the end of it all it is all down to how you implemented all the researching, your hard work, thought process and a creative idea and plan and vision and mix it all together and you get yourself something truly special at the very end of it all. Well everyone that is where I will leave it for this blog. Yes I know but please don't cry or you gonna make me cry and you don't want that because I ugly cry and it is not a good look. This isn't the end of me forever oh no no no, as I said I will come back to do all reviews on film and games (when I am let loose from this lockdown and their is movies to see in the cinema chaps as well as new games released too) and I will do some helpful advice stuff down the lines, opinion blog, how certain things and shows have changed my perspective on things and many more things and I will still be here as I always will be, A guy who just turned 20 with a big ol top hat on the top of his head, a pair of headphones blaring songs from a band consisting of a superhero in a sparkly spandex suit and Cape and a deadly ninja and a team of intergalactic inter dimensional heroes, a pair of fake glasses (which I need to get a new pair as they are a bit busted) and a charming friendly personality that always there to give an excessively lengthy chin waggle on anything. So now if you'll excuse me I have been working and writing all different things for over 12 hours now non-stop So I'm going to get some food, get some amount of caffeine into me and catch the train to sleepy time junction. I hope to see you all soon for more of these. So until then 

Cheerio for now.
-Sam H

Comments

Popular Posts