In the beginning their was these blogs (some important middle stuff) and those blogs led to a book

Well hello hello hello to all of you fine lads, ladies, chaps, ol sports and everyone else in between to another heavy serving of chin waggling goodness otherwise known as my blogs. So we are back once again for another week to discuss all about the process of what I have planned out for these sections of an intricate book of knowledge on all things gaming and game development and now we are on about giving things a beginning and an end. I will also give some updates on concepts from the previous blogs as well as some content from ones a good few weeks back. Anyway let's not waste anymore time and let's get down to business and using my Touch Stumps (or Fingers) to record all I have to say from my excessive Chin Waggling shall we.

(while the body or guts of a book story or information thesis section is important, the beginning and end of a book is also very important to help to balance out the information provided)

So let me give a little tale of the process so far that we have gone through (when I say we I mean myself but you get the idea). So it all started a long long time ago (about five weeks ago) a large group of us gathered at a strange place known as a.....  college? When we got their we made our way to a large room and we were assigned a quest like task.... to write a book on the ancient and mythical concept of Game Design and Development. With the elements of writing a part of a book that you chose to do it's time that we set off and go on an epic quest to write it with the two topics that you have chosen to discover more of in the process. For the process of the first two weeks of the journey it is to break down the analysis of how one would go about their researching on their chosen topics with the helpful guide of the Arts Matrix to break down their topics and references to them as well. Following from this we had a time of reflection to discuss in intricate detail and analyse any faults or problems in our research and how we can fix it as well as giving an attempted outline to your book section headlines from pieces of the topic or with the help of your chosen research questions. And lastly we broke down the analysis of crafting out our body paragraphs by firstly asking some fellow colleagues about what their topics and research questions are so that we don't clash with one another when we start to build upon writing the topics and then we have a clear layout of where we will using our headings and research questions and from their we find ourselves in the current week of discussion to help build upon our book and without further delay let's discuss where we our now on this journey.

So in this weeks discussion it is in some capacity a continuation to the section of writing our body paragraphs as we now turn our attention to crafting out our opening and closing paragraphs to our topics. However we have a distinctive discussion of talking about two things as since we are both writing two topics in two different chapters it brings us some difference in writing but also since my topics end one chapter and our the beginning of another it has a difference in writing it all out in the process. 

I will start with my plan of action for my topic of Indie games development since it is the first topic in order of the placement in the book. This topic is the last section in Chapter 6: publishing your game so we would have to do two things. The first part is to try and make our opening paragraph makes some link to the previous topic discussed so there is a sense of continuity to the whole process that goes with writing these pieces (it is the reason chaps that we always start with writing the body paragraphs of these topics before we write the opening and closing paragraphs because if we did the opening paragraph then the body and the closing it makes things so much more frustrating and you could end up hitting a wall more then once (I know this from writing a book of my own but that story is for another day at another time)). Then when it comes to the creation of the concluding paragraphs to the likes of this it needs to be in some sense a type of summary of what you have discussed in detail in your body paragraphs and topics of discussion. However since this is also a concluding part to a chapter it also has to possibly be a wrap up to the whole chapter itself (now this may vary but it can be be possible to wrap it all up but I can get some advice on that when I get to it) kind of giving a connection to everything discussed in this chapter and giving a recap of what you have learned from the chapter itself.

As for my second topic which is what is a Game World, it is the beginning section of Chapter 7 and unlike my first topic it has more of a stronger connection to the other topics of this chapter since they are all about the topic of a Video game world and different perspectives of it all, whereas my topic of Indie Game Development is kind of an oddity in the chapter of Publishing your game but their is some loose connections to this altogether. Now with this topic I have assigned myself to create a strong opening to this chapter that will help to branch out to connect it to every other section of this books chapter that I hope will all tie together at the very end of this chapter and it will hopefully all come full circle. The opening and closing of a chapter has to have a strong connection to the rest of the chapter sections. Now with this topic as well you can use the elements of the opening paragraph into the opening paragraph of your topic. And then as you get to writing your conclusion that you would have a summary of the topic that you discussed in your body paragraphs in a summary style of events in a brief recap. It is also important to have a way in the concluding paragraph to have a way to create a continuity connection for the other collaborators of the chapter so that it helps to make the chapter flow smoothly from topic to topic. Now I could be wrong in some parts of this but I feel that this could be a clear breakdown to the topic at hand of crafting out an opening and closing paragraphs but that can all come together in the end of it all, it all depends on how it works itself out when writing out the topics fully in due time with the help of the references we gathered for the topics.

Speaking of the references I have gone and found a few more references to help me with writing out my topics for my body and with elements of my opening and closing paragraphs as well and I will update more in due time but here is what I have come across for help

(Indie Reference No.6)

(Indie Reference No.7)

(Indie Reference No.8)

(Game World Reference No.6)

(Game World Reference No.7)
(Game World Reference No.8)

(like with every good story, blog or informal piece or thesis, it will always at some point will come to an end)

All in all I feel that while it may not have a stronger importance as to the likes of the body Paragraphs, the ideals of the opening and closing paragraphs are still in some capacity an importance to have a connection to other sections of the chapter and help to try and bring it full circle with the person opening or closing the chapter to bring it full circle. Anyway that is all I have to chin waggle about for another day, now if you'll excuse I gonna rest my chin as even I can get tired of my excessive chin waggle. So until next time.

Cheerio!!!
-Sam H

Comments

Popular Posts