Unity makes you feel the need... The Need for speed

Well Hello Hello again to all you Lovely Lads, Ladies, Chaps, Ol sports and everyone else in between to another one of my fully loaded, fully full Blog of Mine, your one stop shop of me rambling to a computer/ phone screen to all those who take the time to listen to a lonely man's ramblings about Games and what not. So anyway I am back to give a good talk as we dive back into the world of the Unity game Engine as we continue with the rundown of the many different tutorials that the fine folks over at Unity have to offer. So without further ado let's get into this shorter yet content filled week of Unity tutorials shall we.

(Let's get back into the Unity Driver Seat) 

So where we last left off with the tutorials we were introduced to a new tutorial group and we were learning how to create a car that drives and working the camera. Now we move on to the next 2 tutorials from the people who made these tutorials. So for the first of the two tutorials this week, we know how to write the code to make it just move forward and smash through the boxes that are in your way, but sometimes you want to practice your drifting skills and manoeuvre around all those boxes that are in your way. So for the first tutorial of the week we are going to be implementing the #C Script Code to implement the driving so that instead of just driving straight we are going to add some other controls that let go backwards, and turn from side to side. I mean when have you ever played a racing game where you couldn't reverse or turn because I don't know any at all that does.

(sure she may pull to the right a little bit but soon enough she turns like a dream)

For the second tutorial of this week, now that we have created a functioning Car we are suddenly given a surprise Pop Quiz because that what we always want and appears when you least expect it. However it isn't your just ol' basic quiz oh no, what they want to see is if you can implement the same stuff you have learned over the last 2 weeks of tutorials to control a different vehicle. This vehicle in question would be one that someone would use if they want to touch the sky, who probably thinks about it night and day of spreading their wings and flying away, well now they have that chance with the implementation of trying to control a small little airplane and it is good to see if your knowledge of the past few tutorials doesn't just completely disappear from your mind once it is done, so it is a welcome refresher.

(I didn't expect to be ending up flying through Hoops (or in this sense giant walls) in these tutorials but I'm up for the challenge)

Now if there is a bit of difficulty that I would say that comes to these tutorials in of itself personally it would be all down to time management. While I did have a bit of a problem with my first tutorials due to getting the Unity Engine to update from 2017 to 2018 that has been resolved. My main concern is that I am a very busy guy and I am constantly non stop working for days on end from Monday to Sunday where it can be from other College work to my shifts at my job and I always try to find a way to get it done even through the constant Physical Exhaustion that I go through on the daily but it is all worth it in the end to me when I feel that I have made something and improving my skills everytime in the process.

Well I think that I have rambled and chin wiggles on long enough for another week and I hope that you have enjoyed listen to everything that I have worked on this week. Now if you'll excuse me I have some other important matters to attend to so until next time.

Cheerio!!!
-Sam H

Comments

Popular Posts