testing testing 1, 2 is this thing on: initiate season one finale

Testing, testing 1, 2, Us thing on?


Well hello hello hello again to you all to what I can a very sad but happy blog from yours truly that is made for all the lovely lads, Ladies, Chaps, Ol Sports and everyone in between that makes the kind and generous effort to have a sit down and read through what I have to say. Now the reason why I feel that this is a bit of a sad blog today is that from what I can gather this is one of the last few blogs of what I would like to call the first season of Classy Man Sam’s Fancy Reviews (yes it is a little meta in the way that I am going but I want to continue with them) and this is actually one of the last blogs that I am doing with terms of looking into aspects of the concept of Game Design. So we have learned of what the concept is, the ideas of MDA, the importance of having a GDD to get the clearer vision of what you are going for with my game concept, I have looked at many other versions of concepts of Game Design, the importance of Feedback from others to help with our concepts and the ideas of Fun in Game making and Playing and also looking into the concept of the importance of story in games and I have also reflected on what I have learned from my experiences doing all of these blogs. So, now we have made it to what I see as the last one where in relation to game design and to a certain level of the making of a game when you make it to the final stages of making a game concept and that is the importance of the idea of Testing and how it is an important thing to work on to make sure that when everything is all looked over and done then everything will be okay and that the final product can be tested for success and can be sold out to the public masses and not the idea that it fails and that we have to go back to the drawing board and start again. So, without further ado let us get to Chin Waggling into the final concept of the moment to the idea of Game Design.

(Well this is one way to implement the concept of testing to see that it all works out)

So testing is a very important thing in many different aspects that can be helpful when they can be implemented with the concept of testing. This is seen with seeing how much intelligence you have in a particular topic, testing your energy and stamina when to see how healthy you are, I mean this is actually an aspect that I have to implement in my job where when someone is bringing in a piece of tech they want to sell into our shop, we would book their tech in and then we would test it to make sure that the screen is responsive and not broken (I wonder if they can give me a free fix on my screen? That is it’s we do that) and that the likes of all the wires, warranties and serial numbers are all there and then we can get it all working so we can give them the money for it and then be able to sell it out to everyone. This is also a very important aspect when it comes to the aspect of testing when it comes to Game Design as it is an important aspect to implement into any game that you make and I will get into that now.

Let me put a visual in your mind of what I am explaining when it comes to testing in games. So imagine if you will that it all started with myself making the lengthy amount of time (whatever distant dimension of Space and time that I am in that I have the free time to do a lot of that building in the game engines). It is all going along well and that somehow in the span of 3 months I have a massive adventure game with a long and heartwarming story and the implementation of all my concepts, character and world designs, and implementation of assets from Blender into my game and I have a finalized version of the concept that I have envisioned is near full completion and it is the final version that I now have to go into the testing (or as it is the finishing touches of the game before it is ready for public purchase). When it comes to this it can go one of two way: there is the nice and shiny polish of a fully flexible and working game where everything works out so well and feels like fine clockwork where everything works well with each other and makes it into a very enjoyable experience that stays fully working from the opening titles all the way to the ending credits. This is what I would see with the likes of personally any game that isn’t created by the likes of Naughty Dog with their emotionally driven stories like the Uncharted and Last of Us and of the large epic open world games from Rockstar like the Red Dead, Grand Theft Auto and Canis Canem Erum (it known simply as Bully).


(The visual representation when you have checked thoroughly through it all and you tested everything and it all works out like clockwork and is truly the bees knees)

However, there is a version of testing that may start good at first but can lead to just an absolute train wreck by the time that they get to finishing testing and can lead to just a broken mess when it is released and can be enjoyable to an extent or just absolutely broken and just agony. When I think of just absolutely broken messes that are actually super fun to see how broken it is to watch and play through there are four games that actually come to mind and they are Aliens: Colonial Marines and how one minor error absolutely broke that game, Ride to Hell: retribution with some very weird mechanics of magically self driving motorcycles and some.... uh very questionable NSFW? sex scenes (I suggest just to watch this Compilation series to get a better understanding of what I mean) and the last two are both part of the series and has had a bad bit of broken messes then their original movie design as I am talking about Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom (they could’ve had the time to fix them but...... IT’S NO USE!!!) but still they are very enjoyable to play anyway.




(Even if they are broken messes they are enjoyable to suffer through)

I have also looked into some articles about the importance of testing in Games and everything in between and these are from the articles written by the chaps of The Closet Entrepreneur that may not go fully into the concept and aspect of testing but levels in the feedback that would be given after the testing phase so that they can see the game testers can play through it and make the game officially gold and I have also read through the article from the ol’Chaps of Canva as they give the basic understanding of Testing which has helped me get the basic idea of what I am going for in this blog here but I think I got the right idea, I’ll just need to “test it” to make sure it works (that joke was bound to happen).

All in all I do think that the idea of testing can be the true final hurdle that many do face before they can release their game out into the world for the mass audience can finally play the vision that you had in mind and all that comes with it. So, that’s all I have to say on the matter and that brings us to the end of this version of blogs for this season of blogs but I will return don’t you worry I have a few more to do and it will all work out okay. So I am going to head off now so until next next time.

Cheerio!!!
-Sam



Comments

Popular Posts