“Unity” ing knowledge and progress

Unity Labs: the search for more tutorials 

well hello hello hello once again to all the lovely people including the lads, ladies, chaps, ol sports and everyone in between to another one of these invigorating, mystifying and all around (hopefully) positive vibes that comes with every blog created by yours truly. So, it is that time of the week again where we head back into the big elaborate machine of Unity to learn more of making the video games and continue on my journey to let me finally exclaim that I am the Video Game Developer boy, I am the one who makes the games. So, without time for me to waste let me get down to chin waggling then.

(let's go searching for more tutorials for Unity and maybe even Blender)

So, this weeks Unity lab is very similar to the last one that we looked at where we didn't have any new info from our good chap Jimmy Vegas or even from the likes of Catlike Coding, but instead we are going off to find some of our own tutorials for when we continue to craft our game vision (well in my eyes at least an attempt or a work in progress of the massive game vision that I had in mind). So, for this week I gave it a little bit of a change up because instead of just finding only tutorials to craft stuff in Unity, I also went looking for some tutorials to help me to make character models of my concept designs through the engine of Blender and what I have found are some good ones that will help me when I have my session of just extensive Unity and Blender work (when I am weaving around work and my job but I find a way). So what did I find this week:

1. Making a character in Blender:

so this first tutorial will help me to create a low poly version of my main protagonist of Shimmer for my game. While I did notice that he does fly by a lot when it comes to modelling a character in Blender I am looking into finding a introduction tutorial for the engine itself so I don't get things mixed up in my modelling period and I may have found one

2. Blender Tutorial for Beginners: introduction

so, I went and looked for the likes of making a character and then I realised that I don't know the proper tools or assets that are all part of the app or program itself, so I went off and I have found an in-depth look at the introduction of the workings of Blender that will help me make models for anything so it also will help me if I am to make another types of models like the weird and colourful inhabitants, the other main characters of the story and the likes of the strange buildings in the world and the Star-sea Dream walkers so this seems like a win win in the process

3. Making Stars go boom 

Back onto Unity and adding to the assets and tutorials that I have already found, I came across another method for the stars to go if the likes of falling stars cost too much money or that I can't find a tutorial for it to be implemented without having to pay for it. This could be used that at certain points in the story the stars in a big cluster will go boom and cause them to fall to the ground all across the games world (then through the use of C# script it should all work out fine and hopefully make it feel authentic)

4. From Blender to Unity

the last video file/ tutorial that I went to search for was in terms connected to both Unity and Blender and that is when I have created assets and made character models of my designs for my game I would want to know exactly how do I implement them into my game world so I know that I am playing as my main character Shimmer and going off on their adventure to find where are all the stars falling or disappearing to and who is responsible for taking their wishing star and that it feels fully created (hopefully with Blender it will hopefully let me make ships that let me actually enter into them and move around and control them). 


So this is all that I have found on my travels that I will implement into my long Unity session over the next week in order to get something of a work in progress build of a game created by the end of all this. So that is all I have to talk about for today and if you'll excuse me I have to go make some stuff including a certain video (now where did I put my Top Hat). So, until next time.

Cheerio!!!
-Sam  



 


Comments

Popular Posts