the journey to the centre of wikipedia: topic of fun

Adventures through Wikipedia

well hello hello hello agin to all of you lovely lads, ladies, chaps, ol sports and everyone else in between to another edition of Bite sized box office blogs. So today is another new addition to my list of bite sized blogs which is where I would discuss a topic and go deeper into the world of Wikipedia and see where it leads me. So, for this first edition I wanted to talk about the topic of Fun which is based on a reading that I did a few weeks back which I enjoyed writing and chin waggling a lot about. So I am not going to keep you long so let me get my chin a waggling.

(I don't need to spell it for ya)

So, I began my journey on the wiki page of the word fun itself. This is where I learned about it's history and a clear definition of the word which is "Light-hearted pleasure, enjoyment, or amusement; boisterous joviality or merrymaking; entertainment". I would've said the exact same thing. So it was from these pages that I learned about how Fun is released into our system and could be the source of where we would get that rush of adrenaline or excitement when we are having fun. The source of this comes from our mind and our brain, in particular the HippoCampus which is found on both sides of our brain under the frontal lobe which makes sense since a lot of imagination and creative thing to make a lot of stuff fun comes framer mind.

(a little visual representation of the hippocampus)

on that same page I also learned about the character known as Zippy the pinhead who is a fictional character that is found in an american comic strip known as Zippy, which sees him go on escapades and crazy Hijinks and has a catchphrase of "are we having fun yet". I can tell that from the looks of this classic 60s cartoon character of a comic strip that he seems like the kind of character that gets up to a lot of fun.

(Zippy is off on another crazy adventure)

The last article that I found that can relate to the topic of fun is actually a song that makes a new way of explaining an important concept of Fun and that is found in the song of "She's Leaving Home" by the band of the Beatles and their album of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. It is a really nice song when I had a listen to it while I looking through the wiki page and it gives a nice little melody in it's 3 and a half minute length. What connects this to the idea of the concept of Fun is the way that they would describe the word itself. The word of Fun is described as "Something that money can't buy" which is an important thing to think about as it is true. There may be that idea that money may buy you happiness but there is no way that you can but the concept of Fun no matter what and that is what I think it is a very unique and interesting way to explaining the word of fun.


(while it may not be the main focus on the word of fun, it is still a nice melody and a bit of a somber song yet another classic from the Beatles)

So anyway that is all of the journeying that I have done this week as I continue on the journey of going deeper and deeper into Wikipedia and learning of many other thing along the way. So, now if you will excuse me, I am going to go meditate, get some tea and hit the sack because I have a train to catch. So, until next time!!!

Cheerio!!!
-Sam




Comments

Popular Posts