Journey to the Centre of Wikipedia: The concept of Video Games

Journey To the Centre of WikiPedia 2

Well hello hello hello again all of you Lovely Chap, Lads, Ladies and everyone else in between to another edition to my little chin waggles that I like to Call Fancy Man Sam's Bite Sized Box Office Blogs. So in today little blog it is time for another edition of what I like to call the Journey to the Centre of Wikipedia and see where it will lead us this week. So for this weeks theme I decided to go the very broad term of Video Games as this is a blog that focuses on Video Games as it does already (Hopefully I will do more reviews for Video games soon enough but I don't seem to have a lot of time to write it up.) so, enough dilly dallying, let's me get to chin waggling.

(Time to spin the globe and find out exactly where we go)
So, I have started my journey this week into the Journey to the centre of Wikipedia, I started my search with Video Games which is described as an electronic video that involves interaction with a user interface to generate visual feedback on a two or three dimensional video display device such as a touchscreen, VR headset or moniter/ TV set. This is the way that helps to take us from the real world to many fantasy lands and adventures of our wildest dreams like saving princesses from a giant Turtle dragon, a game of a kid on a journey to get their wishing Star back or the game where you can live out your fantasies of what it is like to be a Goose.

(nothing says hijinks like having a "Gander" at this Goose Game)

From this page I went on to look at Computing Platforms which is seen as the environment in which a piece of software is executed and is mainly seen as the hardware for what you can play the games and software on. It can vary from the likes of a big bulky box with six axis controls, A new revolutionary console that plays not just on your Tv but also on the go as well, to even the likes of being on our mobile devices or even more into the game itself with a Virtual Reality Headset that will take you from the Real World to a Ready Player One style Oasis world.

(a World you can be anything that you want to be)

Going back to the original article on Video games and linked to the previous link on Platforms and I decided to look deeper into the more recent concept that has become more mainstream with the concept of Virtual Reality. This is described as a simulated experience that can be different or very similar to the world around us. What they mean by that is that it can be the likes of being part of a Heist in a bank job, riding on an on rail shooter roller coaster ride through a haunted house, exploring the deepest parts of outer space or even the best best experience that I am already fully experienced in... Being Batman.

(visual representation of my morning routine before I go to work and college)

Linking back to video games it is where I bring you to the last stop on our journey for the time being which is a topic that I brought up in a blog all the way back in one of my first blogs and that is the idea that Games can actually be seen as a form of art. Now this is seen as a very controversial topic within the confides of the entertainment industry. While they are seen as a form of a massive entertainment media the concept of the idea that they are seen as Art is called into question. Personally to me I do believe that video games are a form of art as we have come a long way where games would just a group of squares meshed together to make characters and building to the point where we can see games as close to looking so lifelike and even to the point that they can be seen as movies and I do believe with big triple A studios, Surprise Inde hits and even new and upcoming designers can actually make their art through the use of a game engine.

(the level of detail that can go into some of these games and their art styles is like making a famous painting, they both take a lot of time and patience and they are both a strong form of art.)

So, anyway that is where my chin waggle and our journey to make our way to the Centre of Wikipedia stops for now but it won't be long before we continue our journey again (hopefully). So, I am going to head off now so until next time.

Cheerio
-Sam 





Comments

Popular Posts