Unity workshop 2: Texture Boogaloo

Unity Workshop 2

Well Hello again to all you lovely lads and ladies to another stupendous little blog of mine. So I am back to talk to you more about the whole concept of the game development and the Unity creator engine and what not. So with more of the knowledge given to me by the old chap Jimmy Vegas and a new set of code, Textures and Assets given, it's time that I talk about the continuation into the world of Game Development and the very complicated world of creating a game in the Unity engine.
So in the first round in the engine of the games, I learned about the concept of the way that the Unity engine works (even if I have seen the video a few times I still feel confused a good amount of times when trying to get hang of it myself, old chaps) as well as trying to put the pieces of texture, assets and code to at least get it to look like something (it can be a hassle, and side effects of trying to at least attempt this would be excessive headaches, migraines, possible stomach pains and nausea and even to an extent I reached, uncontrollable levels of sadness/ crying). Now we have moved onto the second week of learning the what nots and whosits to creating a world. This is where we are introduced to all the tins and whistles of creating a collectible item in your world that will have the ability to spin and make all the noises with it. This I would understand is a very necessity to any game because playing a game where you don’t collect anything or interact with anything is a bit of a bore. I’m that same time I have also learned about the way of making a new terrain concept. We have learned about objects and the ways to mess around with such things with shaped objects like Spheres and Cubes, as well as placing terrains and mountains, but now we learn to make the concept of water into our testing demo world. In all honesty, it was interesting as to how they incorporate the engine to make water move and flow easily and it makes this created world feel more real.

Anyway that is all that I have learned from this part of the tutorials to making a game in this major juggernaut of a game engine maker. Well that is all I have to say right now on that topic and I must be off. I hope you enjoyed yourself and you all have a good day. So until next time.

Cheerio!!!

Comments

Popular Posts